Pages

Thursday 23 January 2014

Summer Shoes

   

      Summer is definitely my favourite part of the year. Despite the horrific heat waves, the frizzy hair and the swollen toes, summer always brings a smile to my face. The best thing about the sunny season is summer fashion- the various prints, the bright colours and the fact that I don't have to lug around my coat everywhere I go.
      Summer also inspires my inner DIY goddess and the other day, whilst surfing the internet, I stumbled across this adorable tutorial for bumble bee print shoes. Although they took a bit of time, they were cheap as chips and all you really need is a bit of patience and a steady hand.
      
 To make these cute shoes all you need is:

* Any cheap pair of sneakers or espadrills
* The cheapest yellow nail polish you can find
* A black permanent marker
* A pencil with an eraser at the end


         All you need to do is dip the end of the pencil in the nail polish and dot it all over the shoes. I ended up doing two coats so that the yellow stood out against the denim print of the shoes. Then, with the marker, I drew on the eyes, stripes, wings and stinger for each bee- this was the most tedious part! And voila, you are left with a pair of adorable sneakers that add a bit of character to any summer outfit!






p.s. I apologise for the billion pictures, a few too many were taken!

Till next time....




No comments:

Post a Comment