Pages

Wednesday 13 August 2014

You are not alone.

                    It seems almost premonitory that I was studying about depression when news broke that the legend Robin Williams had died. I was genuinely shocked when I heard the news. Robin Williams was definitely a big part of my childhood- Aladdin was one of my favourite Disney movies. It's tragic to think that someone whose job it was to bring happiness and laughter into peoples life was silently suffering from within.
                    Depression is a big issue with one in seven people experiencing depression sometime in their life. Unfortunately, depression is regularly confused with grief that accompanies a tragic loss or event. To put it simply, depression and grief are not totally the same. Grief does not pervade all aspects of your life in the same way depression does.
                     Many of us silently suffer and do not seek help-only 60% of Australians sought treatment as of 2001. Without sounding preachy, if you are finding yourself struggling, know that you are not alone in this battle and that there are people who can help you out.
                     To find out more information or if you are looking for someone to help fight your battles with click here. I don't know how to end this so all I can say is, Genie, you're free.

No comments:

Post a Comment