Pages

Thursday 20 November 2014

Jean Paul Gaultier.

      I love a good fashion exhibit and the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit at the NGV did not disappoint. I can safely say it is one of my favourite exhibits i've ever seen.  It was such a different take, and it left me mind blown. Instead of just displaying the clothes on mannequins, they projected faces onto the mannequins that blinked, winked, smiled and even talked. Although it was really weird at first (especially when some of them started singing), it really added to the experience and was very unique.
         I really loved the simplicity of some of his designs- like taking stripes and turning it into an evening dress. I think my favourite part of the exhibit was the runway section. There was a runway with mannequins 'walking' and chairs around the runway where you could sit and watch.
     All in all, it was a great exhibit and I recommend it to anyone who can go. It was such a unique experience and left me wanting more. I usually get bored after the first few rooms, but this was so interactive and engaged so many senses, I never once felt bored! The exhibit is on until the 8th of February. You can find more information here.
Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment