Pages

Thursday 27 November 2014

The birthday box.

With Christmas around the corner and birthdays a never ending affair, it can be stressful finding the right present for a close friend or relative. To add to the stress, Christmas shoppers are a nightmare! 

So why buy when you could DIY?
(sorry for the extremely tacky segue)

I give you the Birthday Box- a customisable present that requires very little effort, is a tonne of fun to make and much more personalised!
In this box, I put in a personalised mug, a travel fund jar and some adhesive notes. My friend(the receiver of the box) LOVES her tea, so I used a permanent marker to write a quote on a plain white mug. Up is a great movie, so I recreated the travel jar with a mason jar, paper and washi tape. Everyone loves stationary and everyone loves cute dogs and these adhesive notes possessed both qualities so they made their way into the box! I bought the bunting on the box from a stationary store but you could make your own using some twine and washi tape.
 I love giving presents and making them is equally fun. What would you put in your box? Any ideas you could share for the next? Buzzfeed had a great post on 41 DIY Gifts You'll Want To Keep For Yourself-a great source for inspiration.
Till next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment